October 10, 2012 (Napa Valley, CA) – It’s fall and harvest is in full swing in the Napa Valley. While area farmers and vintners are bringing in the season’s crops, the region’s chefs are developing exciting new seasonal menus. Warming fall dishes will be showcased alongside the finest Napa Valley wines at the second annual Flavor! Napa Valley festival of wine, food and fun, November 14-18 at The Culinary Institute of America at Greystone and Silverado Resort and Spa.
To whet the appetites of foodies and Flavor! fans, five of the many celebrated chefs participating in this year’s festival have teamed up to offer a selection of seasonal harvest recipes, paired perfectly with world-renowned Napa Valley wines:
- Michael Chiarello of celebrated Napa Valley restaurant Bottega and the lifestyle brand Napa Style offers his Potato Gnocchi Ravioli with Egg Yolk and Sage Brown Butter. Wine Pairing: Chandon Pinot Noir
- Larry Forgione, “the godfather” of American cuisine and Culinary Director of the Conservatory for American Food Studies at The Culinary Institute of America at Greystone, offers his tender and savory Rib-Eye steak with Parsnip Hash and Bone Marrow Gremolata. Wine Pairing: Newton Vineyard Unfiltered Merlot
- Jeffrey Jake of Napa’s Silverado Resort and Spa shares his take on succulent Mediterranean Spice Dusted Duck Breast. Wine Pairing: Chandon Pinot Noir
- Cindy Pawlcyn, owner of three favorite Napa Valley restaurants, Mustards Grill, Cindy’s Backstreet Kitchen, and recently-opened Cindy Pawlcyn’s Wood Grill and Wine Bar, shares the secrets to making her mouthwatering Lamb Stew with Garlic, Parsley and Vinegar. Wine Pairing: Chandon Cabernet Sauvignon
- Geoffrey Zakarian, Iron Chef, CIA graduate, and owner of The Lambs Club and The National in New York has included his recipe for silky and rich Apple-Cider Soup with Rosemary Cream. Wine Pairing: Chandon Blanc de Noirs
Festival attendees will have the opportunity to meet with these culinary visionaries and more than 30 others this November, but in the meantime, the Flavor! 2012 recipes are available for free download at FlavorNapaValley.com.